Sunday, February 17, 2013

Fear

Fear limits us. Let's face it. It's a significant restraint. I'm one of the worst people at doing things that make me afraid. I love my comfort. I love taking the back seat. Things very easily make me uncomfortable.

        My one friend seems to be the opposite and jumps at a chance to do anything for a dollar or a laugh. I guess its one thing that makes it good for me to be around him. One time I was at a coffee shop with him and my dad said he would give him twenty dollars to talk to any girl in the coffee shop for five minutes. Well he first offered the bet to me, but when I refused he asked my friend. Five minutes is a long time! But he gave a quick glance over both shoulders and said, "OK." There were two girls sitting at a table in the corner, and he held a conversation for five minutes. It was pretty funny, but mostly just made me squirm in my seat.
        If fear is a problem in your life, I would consider facing it. The important thing is not to be afraid of failing. Failing most of the time does not cost anything significant. If you have a fear of girls, ask the next girl you see on the street to marry you. If your afraid of being in front of people, get up there and sing a solo. Life is better spent that way. Everyone loves and respects people who try. Find out that you are allowed to fail. Then you will be able to live life with less limiting you.

No comments:

Post a Comment