Wednesday, September 25, 2013

If I Were To Be Honest

If I were to be honest with you
I don’t know what I’m doing
My prayer is non- existent
I do what I hate, suppress what I love
I’m one person to some people
Different to others
And this is involuntary
Though I’m sure I’m guilty
In some way

Even If I were to tell you I did
Know what I was doing
That I had a plan
If I was put together
I wouldn’t know if it was right
If it was what I was meant to do
Or if there even is something
I was meant to do
Like there was
Some sort of fate
Guiding us
But you can’t see it,
If there is fate.

What do I sacrifice my life to?
What do I decide
To get lost
In the everyday of
And be able to say
I’m satisfied in this.

There is nothing to life
But the living of it
Which is a sobering thought
But a freeing one, none the less
Because then you know
To experience
However much you can
Be it good and pure, fulfilling
I guess

But by god
At least choose and live
The great charter

Of mankind.

No comments:

Post a Comment