Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Thoughts on Love

I was listening to the Sigh No More Mumford and Sons album today and the song Awake My Soul came on. This is by no means the first time I heard this song. Its one of my favorites, and never seems to get old. One of lines of the lyrics always catches me. The line is "The way you invest you love you invest your life." When I first heard this it hit me in a moment of clarity. It seemed so simple. Whatever I choose to love, and whatever I choose to pursue, will be my legacy when I leave this earth. If I choose to love myself, and please myself, that will become what my life revolves around, and is defined by. If I love others, my neighbors and brothers, that is what my life will be invested in. I try to ask myself this question routinely, so I'm not getting off track to where God wants me to invest my life. Am I investing in things that will make a difference? Or am I investing in a Playstation? Am I investing in the God's church? or am investing in movie tickets? I encourage you to chew this question over for yourself, and ask what you want your life to mean.

2 comments: